Recipe Collab with @cookinlikeag
Imagine an extremely fresh and slightly spicy sauce that highlights lemon and jalapeño combined with fresh sashimi, thin cucumber and the aromas of toasted sesame seeds. This dish is simple but yet so complex in flavor and one of my favorite ways to enjoy sashimi without a load of rice. However, if you do want to turn this into a more filling meal, you can always add rice as a base to the dish.
What you’ll need
- 1/2 lb sashimi grade Tuna (Bluefin, Ahi, or Albacore), thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sashimi grade kampachi, or hamachi yellow tail, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 Jalapenos chiles, chopped but not seeded or cored
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
- Chives, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- At least 1 hour before eating meal, lay tuna and kampachi flat on a plate and place lemon slices on top. Place in fridge until time to plate final dish. This step is optional but will help infuse lemon flavor into the fish slices to compliment the dressing.
- Make Lemon Jalapeño Dressing: Place chiles, garlic and salt in a food processor and process until very finely minced. Scrape down sides of container. Add the grapeseed oil, rice vinegar and lemon juice. Process until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing on plate. Place the tuna, kampachi, cucumber, radish and lemon slices on plate (see photo for how G did this or use your imagination to plate as you please). Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chives. Enjoy :).